Wednesday 1 May 2013

The End is Nigh!

With event's month and various other things happening, I am so glad that I did as much work as I did in those three weeks around Easter! 
Yesterday, I finally made a start on my digital model and am currently working on the first floor. 
Yesterday was also tutorials and I feel that I am now ready to start really selling my idea. The design work it practically done and all that's left is to sort out the materiality and do some killer images. Looking at my sketch model from the outside reminded me of David Chipperfield's restoration of the Neues Museum in Berlin. And I think I can definitely take some inspiration from how he presented his idea. I am also planning to look at some of Peter Zumthor's work and how he uses stone to create some bold finishes on his buildings. This relates back to using classical buildings and theatre as precedents in my design. I think using stone on the extension will make a bold statement against the brickwork of the original theatre and having the grand staircase leading up to it will be similar to the ancient and classical theatres. 


No comments:

Post a Comment