Wednesday 8 May 2013

Post Crit

My final crit was yesterday and I think I'm quite happy with how it went. There were some criticisms but they were mainly things that I can work on this next week ready for the portfolio. Events is now finished so all of my energy can go into producing the best portfolio I can. I am slightly concern about the communication aspect of it though: my first portfolio had too much writing but my second had too little. I think I had a similar problem to this last year. Hopefully I will get it right this time around though. 

Tomorrow, I am working solidly on the drawings and making sure that they are completely finished. I didn't hand draw them as such but instead used them to create an exploded isometric drawing and a sectional perspective. I am really happy with the way these turned out but I think they still need something just to finish them off. It's been suggested that I look at the drawings of Aldo Rossi to help me with my own and, as I have used his work as a precedent, look at how David Chipperfield presents his drawings. 

I still have to finish looking at the materiality and showing it properly in my montages. I think my detailed section is good to go though so that's one less thing to worry about! Although I do have to get my physical model done and photographed. But that can wait until friday.

After that, it's just a case of organising it. And sorting it out in my Integrated Design Report. 

9 days left

No comments:

Post a Comment